Sunday, August 16, 2009

Food Eating by Aja

I really don't know what it is about my kids, but my boys are not very good eaters and my girls are the ones that like to chow. There is the cutest little hut/shack down the road that starts selling fresh produce around the beginning of August. You can find me there daily. Anyway, they sell the BEST corn on the cob I have ever tasted. Seriously..The best. My family really gets corned out during the summer because I serve it with every meal, but how can you turn down some rockin corn on the cob? YOU CAN'T! Here is Aja and her first experience with corn on the cob. She's such a funny chick!

She was giggling at me because I was wiggling the corn in her face.


First tentative bite...


Second little bite (YES, she finally got that fourth tooth..It kind of sucks. I was enjoying the nick name: Tres-Toof. Oh well)


Chewing slowly to see if we REALLY like it. The verdict: Not really. I'm sure next year she will be all over it though. However, she did eat a few bites of it, and being the mom of some picky eaters..I will take what I can get!


I also wanted to let you all know that Aja has started walking! It was such an exciting moment in the house. The kids were all cheering her on and I was squealing (yes, squealing) at the top of my lungs because I was so excited. And then of course I was crying at the same time. I get teary-eyed about it every time I talk about it. It has been so AWESOME to see her hit her mile-stones. It has been hard to hear from doctors that your child may never walk, talk, or be severely delayed. I've been so anxious to see if this day would ever arrive and I'm SO glad that it has. She is truly an amazing little girl and I'm so proud of everything that she has accomplished so far.

1 comment:

weloveadoption said...

THOSE PICTURES ARE PRICELESS! And yahoo for the walking. That is exciting!