Thursday, March 25, 2010

Things I have Learned about Price:

We have lived in Price a little over 2 weeks now and while I have been here I have made some interesting observations.

1. I need a truck. Apparently I live in the "truck capital of Utah". Going to church it's like...truck, truck, SUV, truck, truck...van. Yeah. The van would be mine. Don't get me wrong. I love my van. It's economical, has an entertainment system, leather..seriously I think I'm one of the FEW people in my neighborhood that has a van.

2. It doesn't matter what my health was prior to moving I will ultimately get a cold wherever we end up. I've been sick for the past 2 weeks with a head cold. Lovely.

3. The sun does in fact exist. The weather here has been beautiful! I loved Logan and it had amazing scenery, but those of you who have lived or live there know what I'm talking about. The inversion is never ending.

4. Price is an older town which means I'm renting an older house. I think since Mitch and I have been married, I have lived in three places where the house was older and had been occupied prior to me. Call me snobby, I don't care, but I have a hard time dealing with other people's "goo". Needless to say, I have been scrubbing this house from top to bottom in order to feel like it's "mine". My only saving grace is that we have narrowed our choices down to a house plan and to two different lots. Then we can start building!

5. There is a reason why children have their own bathroom. We share one bathroom. Yes. ONE. Four kids plus two adults in one bathroom makes for a lot of cleaning for me. I scrub it down daily. Kids are gross. At least when we had two bathrooms I didn't have to see it every day and just cleaned twice a week. Now..daily. Tiring. We do have another bathroom here that we could use, but it's in the "creepy" part of the house and it's serving as my laundry room so there is just no possible way that anyone can use it. Also, see above.

Otherwise, we have been doing well. I haven't been able to start my Zumba classes yet because of this nasty cold, but I have classes scheduled for the first week in April! I'm really excited. Kids are adjusting to their new school and have already made some sweet little friends that come over just about every day. LOVE IT! However, I do miss all my friends in Logan. It has been hard because of that, but just know that I will be coming through for visits OFTEN!

No comments: