Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thankful:

I know I promised pictures, but I just haven't gotten around to taking any! It's been wicked crazy in this house the last couple of weeks. On top of sick kids (February and March are killer for us), I've been dealing with some weirdo depression. Can't quite explain why, but I'm sure it's because there is A LOT going on. So since I've been in a slump, I thought I would post a list of things that I'm thankful for. These are in no particular order by the way, I'm just writing them as I think of them.

1. That the Lord has given me the opportunity to take care of 4 beautiful children.
2. My wonderful neighbors. I swear, whenever Mitch is gone..it snows. And luckily someone has always come over and cleaned my driveway (this is the time of year when I regret putting in an RV pad). I've been invited over to Family Home Evenings, dinner, visits and had anonymous treats dropped off and people offering to take my kids so I can get a break. I will miss them the most when we move. My friend Becky has been a saving grace! She makes me laugh a lot and she's been great fun to hang out with.
3. The people up at the CPD (center for persons with disabilities) that help me work with Cohen. He has made SO MUCH progress. It's amazing.
4. My wonderful husband who works very hard for us. I know it's hard living in an unfamiliar house, but he does it all so he can provide for his family. I love him so much!
5. My family who lets us crash at their houses when we head down to SLC and show us a good time.
6. My job. They have been so good in working with me and my wonky schedule. They are always concerned when something is going on and offer to help out. They are the best.
7. A wonderful neurology team up at Primary's. They have been so good about answering questions and easing my concerns. We aren't out of the woods yet, but they help me feel confident.
8. I am actually very thankful for the trials I have gone through. I have learned a great deal about myself and that I can face pretty much darn near everything. I'm not perfect and I have a lot to work on, but my inner strength has really come out and has helped me gain more perspective.
9. I'm thankful that we have family prayer over the phone every night. It makes going to bed a bit easier.
10. When Aja gets up and gives me a great big smile. It makes my morning.
11. Anessa. She helps me with Aja when I have to work, and I know she doesn't like to do it much, but she does it so I don't stress. She's a great kid.
12. Peyton. He's been making sure that he hugs me often. He also hasn't been complaining about doing his chores, and for that I'm very thankful.
13. Cohen when he tells me "I wub you bery much mommee"..It melts my heart.
14. For my best friend Anna who has been there and listened to me complain. She's been my shoulder to cry on even though she's all the way out in DC.
15. That I got to go to the Temple on Saturday. It was nice to go to a place filled with peace and love. I just can't even put it into words. It was wonderful.

No comments: