Sunday, May 1, 2011
Happy Birthday to My Handsome Man!!
Cohen is 5 today! I can't believe it. He's such a special guy in so many ways. He's overcome so much and has so much to offer. The world is lucky to have a boy like Cohen in it. I remember holding him in my arms right after he was born and just feeling his sweet spirit. He didn't scream. He just kind of squeaked and then calmed right down and stared at me. Not much has changed. He's definitely an observer. Content to explore in the little worlds that his imagination takes him to. Things about Cohen.
* He looks EXACTLY like his dad. I love how everybody always says "Here comes the mini-Mitch".
* He loves to cuddle me and kiss my face no matter where we are at. I could come home from the gym a sweaty mess and he will run up and kiss me all over.
* I love how he calls spiders "si-bows" and how he's changed up a bunch of different words. He's definitely got his own way of saying things and it's so cute.
* His favorite night of the week is Friday because that is the night he gets to sleep in bed with me.
* He still cuddles with the lovie (blanket) that I bought before he was born. Can't go to bed without it.
* He is so inquisitive and is always asking questions and trying to figure out how things work. Such a smart kid!
We were in Seattle for Easter and Cohen was upstairs with our friend Loren and they were looking out the windows at the mountains and this is the conversation that transpired. It makes me cry every time I think about it.
Loren: There is so much that is beautiful in this world. Mountains are things that are very beautiful to me and flowers are things that are very beautiful to my wife. What's beautiful to you, Cohen?
Cohen: My mom.
We are so thankful for Cohen. He has taught us so much in the short time he has been here. He has taught us patience, unconditional love, forgiveness and enjoying the small things that life has to offer. He is truly a blessing. Love you so much Cohen!!