Monday, June 2, 2008

My Castor Oil Story...

No. It didn't make me have a baby. I drank the stuff at around 5 p.m. Sunday (it wasn't so bad, I mixed it with apple juice and it separated and by the time it went down I was mid guzzle!)then we went for a nice little power walk. (As you might not know, I'm 39.5 weeks and this is the longest I have EVER been pregnant. So, out of sheer desparation I asked my sister in law, Tasha, to see how much to take. Then I went online and read a whole bunch of crap about the stuff, and finally decided to take it. I had also been contracting off and on throughout the day, so I figured it might help speed things up. Sorry for the long back story.)ANYWHOOO, after we got back I decided to stay in and make dinner and Mitch went and played with the kids in the backyard. Of course that is when things "got going". It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I had the flu back in September that was much, much worse.

At about 8 p.m. I started contracting, but was still able to do stuff so I made sure to move around as much as possible. Around 9 they started hurting, so Mitch took care of the kids until about 9:30 when we put them to bed. After that Mitch and I timed them while we picked out paint and carpet colors. They were 2.5-4 minutes apart and were starting to get serious. At about 1 I decided to lay down. They slowed a bit, but were still very painful, enough where I had to concentrate in my "sleep". I got up again and oh boy, I was crawling on the ground and being very vocal which helped me deal with the pain. Mitch was so tired he slept through that part, but woke to hear me pacing around in the kitchen. He decided to bring out the hospital bag and we packed it together while I bounced on the birth ball. We stayed up until 3 and I was very vocal the whole time. He was literally falling asleep on the couch so I told him to go back to sleep, I would wake him when I needed him. Well, seeing him sleep reminded me how tired I was so I laid down on the couch to get some shut eye. BIG MISTAKE. It stopped my contractions. Completely. I got up at 5 to nothing. I'm so frustrated right now. I don't know what to do. I've had a few contractions this morning, but nothing spectacular and nothing that is getting regular. Why didn't this work for me?

2 comments:

The White Way said...

It sounded like it was working and than you stopped and nothing. Crap I hope they start up again soon for you. Good luck lots of walking and sex now or try it again but in the morning so you can be up all day. With those contractions it probably dialated you more. Have you been checked?

Oakenfoldgrl said...

Yah, it was totally working, then I think I got too relaxed and that is why they stopped. I'm going in today at 2:15 to get checked and if anything I'm just going to have her strip my membranes.