Monday, January 5, 2009

So LAME!

About a month ago I got a request from Cache Valley saying I had to register for jury duty. So Mitch got on the net and filled the on-line version for me and asked for me to be exempt due to the fact that I'm nursing, living here alone and am the primary caregive for our kids. Thought that would be the end of it right? For Christmas, Logan City decided that they would send me a SUMMONS! LAME! Don't they even read those forms? So today, in this lovely snow storm, I had to run all the way to North Logan to get a letter from my pediatrician (I'm trying to get as much help as I can) and I wrote a letter myself and then had to run that dumb thing in. Mind you I got this just a few days ago and I was called to serve on the 8th.

So what does the clerk tell me? The JUDGE has to approve it now. I really, really, really hope the judge takes pity on me. I have NO idea what I will do if I have to serve. It's from 8 in the morning to 8 at night, Aja won't go to anyone else, and I have a previous obligation that morning that I have been waiting for for over a month. I guess I'm supposed to call tomorrow and see if the judge is human and lets me off the hook. Will update when I know.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know how you feel! I was supposed to have jury duty the week Quinn was born. I told them I was having a baby and would be nursing for a year, so I'd have a baby attached to me! They let me off for the year, but then I got called up again the week before Christmas. Lovely timing again, but I only ended up going in for 1 day. I hope you don't have to go in! They really should be more understanding.