Saturday, January 3, 2009

Whole lotta catchin' up to do!

WOW! I can't believe how long it has been since I have blah-ged.

First, Anessa's party went really, really well. Thanks Lori and Maynard for coming down and just holding a baby for me! It might seem like little to all of you, but the girl won't let me put her down, and I couldn't have gotten anything done having to hold her the whole time. Since Anessa's birthday is in winter, we decided to have a Hawaiian themed birthday. First the girls made flower bracelets out of silk flowers, then they built "sand castles" out of sugar cubes, and while they did that I hot glued the rest of the flowers onto headbands so it would look like they had flowers in their hair. We then finger painted some cutie ceramic shells. Top it off with dinner of Malibu Chicken and cake and ice cream and of course..Presents. I was really sick, but luckily made it through.

Christmas was really fun. The kids got great toys. I'm happy to say that ALL toys have been played with. Nothing has been left out LOL! We then braved the storm and drove to Mitch's parent's house for a few days. It was nice to spend time in Idaho. It's a lot slower paced there and I feel like I can relax without having to get a whole lot of stuff done all the time. We then came home for one night, and since the kids were out of school for the week, we decided to spend the week in SLC so that we could see Mitch at nights. It was fun to see my friends from the West Side and East Side! It was also nice to spend some time with my poppa during the days. He's a good guy. For New Years we went to my moms for dinner and a competitive game of hand and foot. The girls got beat, and I think this was the first time in three years that I have seen Jim win a game! I was so excited for him HAHA!

Here are some pics of our HOLI-day (cue Madonna music here; that one's for you Anna).

1 comment:

Janita said...

Sounds like Anessa's birthday went great!! I can't believe you guys braved the storm and went to Idaho...we were going to but wimped out.