Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cohen turned 3!

So our #3 turned #3 yesterday. It was such a fun day for him! He got to wake up and eat his favorite breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes. He then went to the dentist (I know. Only time I could schedule it)and got a clean bill of health for his remaining 7 teeth that aren't capped. We then came home and he played with friends all day long. He had so much fun!

I can't believe he has gone from this:
Photobucket

To this:
Photobucket

So excited to open presents!! Yes, that is Christmas paper and yes that is masking tape..What can I say? What is funny is he kept saying "Oh my doodness" while opening his presents.
Photobucket

I like to have cakes represent what the kids have been talking about for the last year, and since Cohen LOVES AppleBees (why? I don't know. We have eaten there like 3 times since he's been alive)I decided to make him a cake that represented that. He also talks about the Temple a lot, but..The Temple didn't work out. If you want details..Call me. Thanks Becky for helping me out! She's the one who shaped it. I couldn't draw anything that resembled an apple..it kept coming out looking like a tooth. I'm so proud of it. It was amazing and super cute!
Photobucket

I hope your wish comes true!
Photobucket

Cohen is the funnest little boy. He's so loving and makes us laugh all the time. He has blossomed so much in the last couple of months and it has been so exciting for us to FINALLY see his little personality. What amazes me is that even though he was nonverbal, it didn't mean he wasn't learning anything. He knows his colors, body parts, animals and sounds, and can count pretty darn good. He has the most beautiful spirit and has truly been a blessing to us. We love you Cohen!!

1 comment:

weloveadoption said...

Happy Birthday to Cohen. Your cake is way cute. What a great idea!