Monday, September 29, 2008

CHEEKS!

Aja was being kind of fussy yesterday, and noone could get a decent picture of her except me of course...

Photobucket

I had to mess with it a bit so you could get the full effect of the monster cheeks! So funny! Everyone got a kick out of this picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to answer a few questions that a couple of people have asked me:

I work as a medical transcriptionist at home. I usually work at night. I do transcription for a radiation oncology doctor based out of L.A. He's a good guy.

Mitch does enjoy his job, but living in a college town is very hard because there is a lot of competition and they can hire people right out of college and pay them a lesser wage, whereas Mitch has a lot of years under his belt and the education on top of it makes it so he's pretty "expensive".

Cohen's blood work came out normal. The stupid doctor (the one I complained about below) had to run all these EXPENSIVE blood tests for stuff that I knew Cohen didn't have, but wanted to make sure. Basically, I went in there to get a urinalysis done, but left with a prescription to get useless blood work done. I read about my kids' conditions. A lot. I will admit it's insane the amount of information that I have gathered and I knew that we could have found out if Cohen had a glucose or casein sensitivity through a simple urinalysis, but the doctor of course poo pood me off and told me that I HAD to get these done. This is what he got done: CBC, Liver function study, Celiac profile and a thyroid function study done. All normal. ARGH! It pisses me off having to hear my son say "OW"..He doesn't process pain like a normal kid does and it was even more heartbreaking. I left there crying, and I'm usually pretty strong, but this just broke my heart.

Aja seems to be developing normally right now. She's trying to roll over and I think that is a good sign. HOWEVER, if Aja were to have a malfunction we don't know what kind of kid will be coming out of surgery. She could go in functioning 100% and come out mentally handicapped. She could hemorrhage and go into a coma. She could go in get a revision and three days later require a new one. She could come down with an infection and end up staying longer in the hospital. There are a lot of 'unknowns' with hydrocephalus, so it's a test of faith every day, and every day I thank Heavenly Father that we didn't have a malfunction. But just so you all know, I'm prepared. I've made a list of everything that needs to be done when the time comes, and I always have a bag out just in case.

2 comments:

Janita said...

I love that picture! Too cute & funny!

That is so great you can work from home - I remember you telling me that before now. Keenan used to talk about moving back to Logan but I don't think we ever would for the same reason you mentioned - college town and it's too hard to get a decent salary.

Good news about Cohen's bloodwork but that bites you had to get it done when you knew he didn't need it. Poor kid.

Yeah for Aja! It's great you are prepared for the possibility things could go wrong but it's so exciting she is doing great! I really need to meet her sometime!

lacey said...

I LOVE chubby cheeks. And we know all about that around here, I have CHUBBY babies :) I would LOVE to work from home, especially if I could make good money. Good for you for being motivated, that would be hard with 4 kids. I go crazy with 3!!