Thursday, May 15, 2008

Houston, we have walls!

FINALLY. The sheet rock is all put up, mud, taped and textured! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! It looks so different down there with all the walls up. This weekend my mom and dad are coming up and he and Mitch are going to hang trim. Then Mitch and I will just have to paint; then it will be time to get the carpet in! So in about 2 weeks we should have a totally finished basement! It will be so nice for the kids to have a place where they can jump around and go nuts without bringing down the house. Also, I will have my own office where I can get away to work in peace. It has been so hard trying to work while Mitch takes care of the kids because they want to wrestle and play, and here I am trying to listen to a doctor through headphones and can't hear a dang thing he says!

The boys room is so big! It's almost as big as our family room. It will be nice for them as they get a bit older though too. They can each have their own space if they want. Plus with the two older boys there are toys laying all over the place. It seems that we can never keep the place clean. Now we have a place to store all of their stuff.

Anessa and the baby will each have their own room since they are so far apart. I think it will work out best that way, even though Anessa has been wanting to share a room with the baby. I have to keep reminding her that babies cry in the night and she would never get any sleep! Once we get everything done I will post pictures, but I'm pleased to announce that we have walls. It's a big step for us!

No comments: