Sunday, May 25, 2008

The longest labor EVER...

So yesterday, while at my parent's house, we were all sitting there around 2:30 eating lunch. I had been feeling pretty crampy all day, but nothing that I hadn't been dealing with for awhile now. Then, it felt light a freight train hit me and I had the worst pain on my right side. I kind grimaced through it figuring it was round-ligament pain, which I have delt with before as well. Usually when this happens it goes away in about 10 minutes. Well, this time it didn't. Instead it started some pretty regular contractions that weren't very comfortable. I was a little frustrated as we were at my parent's house in Salt Lake and it's an 1 1/2 drive home. So I called my doula and asked her what she thought and she said she thought that maybe I was in the early stages of labor and to time them and see if we get a pattern going. So I went and laid down in my parent's room to settle in a watch a movie. Mitch, my dad and me time them for a bit and found they were 4 minutes apart.

I laid in bed for about 45 minutes and in that time I had strong contractions and contractions that were..meh. So Mitch and I were trying to figure out what to do with the kids, do we leave them down there or do we go home? Who knows? So, we decided to go for a walk. While walking I had a TON of strong contractions that were quite painful. We got home, and I figured I would take a bath to see if they go away all together or if they stayed. If they stayed then we would know I was in labor as I can usually get them to stop by taking a warm bath. They didn't stop, but they did get a bit further apart and not as strong.

I felt bad because the kids were looking forward to going fishing with their cousins, so we opted to let them ride the pony that my parent's friends are letting them borrow. They had so much fun, I will have to post the pictures later. However, walking back and forth from the house to the barn started up the contractions again. My dad made ribs, pork chops, grilled pineapple, and I made some broccoli and cut up bread. I decided to eat a good, hearty meal so that I would have my energy for what was coming. During dinner, my contractions were getting stronger so Mitch and I opted to head home after dinner was done. He had packed earlier so we just threw stuff in the car and took off around 8:30. By this time I had been contracting for going on 5 1/2 hours. I was super tired at this point. During the car ride home they got stronger and were 4 minutes apart. Once we hit Logan though they slowed down a bit so I decided to try to get some sleep. I could feel myself contracting while I was sleeping, but nothing hard enough to make me wake up. Around 1 though, I started feeling sick and I couldn't go back to sleep for awhile. I finally relaxed my body enough to sleep, but could feel the contractions still going.

This is the part that is getting me down. They have CONSISTENTLY stayed four minutes apart and they have BARELY gotten stronger. I'm not in a very good mood at all. So all in all I have been in labor for almost 24 hours. I will let you imagine all the expletives that are running through my head right now. Update later.

No comments: