Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update

Well we just got back from the doctors. I feel a lot better than I did last week that is for sure. I guess all that bouncing did DO something. I'm now dilated to a very "wiggly" 2 cm, baby is at a +2 station, and I am 50% effaced. YAY! Hopefully here in the next week or so we will have a new baby in our house. I've actually lost 4 pounds in the last week. I'm not that hungry anymore so I don't eat too much. Just cereal. I also chase after the kids a lot so I'm sure that has contributed some to my weight loss.

I'm getting very nervous for this whole event. We have hired a Doula (birth attendant) who will come once I start with labor and support Mitch and me through the whole thing. She has really been awesome! She has taught Mitch a lot of different massages that he can do, positions to help with the pressure and about how to help me keep calm and focus through the whole thing. I guess my apprehension is getting apparent because I talked Mitch's ear off last night. He was so tired that I let him go to sleep, but I cried silently because I'm getting scared. It's a day of pain is what I keep trying to tell myself. It will be a lot better than when I had the epidural too. I've just read a lot of my friends birth stories lately and they all describe how bad it hurts. I know the more I tense up the worse it will be, but I can't help but be tense right now. I'm just hoping that when it all happens that the stuff we have practiced will work out. So that is where we stand. Cross your fingers, say a prayer for a safe, healthy delivery!!

No comments: