Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So, he has autism..

Well, it has been confirmed. We went to the developmental pediatrician today and sat there for 2 hours and answered questions. Oy...My brain is fried.

To add a cherry to the top of the chocolatey sundae that is my life, Cohen goes in tomorrow morning for an EEG (electroencephalogram) to see if he might have a seizure disorder. Apparently, the flexing of all of his muscles when he gets up from sleep is an indicator that something more might be going on. I'm hoping we get the results tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, we got ourselves a whole bunch of handouts, get the EEG, go see a geneticist (sorry if I spelled that wrong), get into a communication clinic, and FINALLY get into an autism clinic as well..All of which have a waiting list. I hate waiting.

The good news is he is not severe autistic, which makes me a bit happier because that means he can function at SOME level when he gets older, what level that is we won't know until he goes in for his clinical and communicative clinics and we see what is going on in his little brain too.

Here is the little man I love so much with a funny look on his face.
Photobucket

2 comments:

lacey said...

look at those blue eyes! JEALOUS! I can't tell for sure on Lincoln, but I'm pretty sure 3 for 3 have brown eyes. I've been crossing my fingers for you hoping things would turn out well. I'm glad to hear that things aren't severe. Good to hear from you, blogs are such a great way to keep in touch. CUTE kids.

Janita said...

Very cute pic :) I'm glad to hear the autism isn't too severe - these kids sure are keeping you guys busy!