Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm in love...

With another man besides my husband. Okay, not love, but he's pretty great! LOL! We went to Aja's new pediatrician today and he spent one and one-half hours with me today!! I couldn't believe it! He looked up all her pre and post surgical reports, answered questions, told me what I should do in case of a malfunction, answered questions on her enlarged lymph nodes in her head, answered questions on her herniated belly button and then proceeded to talk to me about Cohen's blood work and what avenues we could take with him! It was awesome and I left there feeling confident instead of worrying that I would miss something and my child would die.

He did tell me that her fontanelle is closing faster than it should (it's barely the size of my finger-tip) so it would be harder to tell when she has a malfunction, but he didn't make me feel like it wasn't something that we (meaning him, me, Logan ER, and Primary's) couldn't handle, was very supportive of helping me arrange the helicopter in case of a malfunction and how he would contact the radiologist on call at both hospitals to get things going. He has 2 other kids under his care that are also shunted so he knows how to handle things. It was just a great bit sigh of relief!

Little thing:
Weight: 12 lbs. and 6 oz. (she's up 5 pounds since her birth)
Length: 24 1/2 inches.
Head Circ: 40 1/2 cm. (this is good. When she had her surgery it was 41.5)

He was very supportive of breast feeding and said there was no rush to introduce solids, which was very good for me as I believe in giving things a little time and not rushing it per se. So all in all it was a very positive experience and I left with a big smile on my face!

3 comments:

weloveadoption said...

I am so glad that you found a supportive doctor. Is he local or in S.L.? Looks like your family is doing well. We need to come see you guys again sometime. We were thinking of going to the pumpkin walk this weekend if you guys would like to come with us. I'll give you a call.

lacey said...

That's so great that you found someone you're comfortable with. He sounds really compitent and like he knows what he's talking about! I LOVE my kids dr. too. I drive all the way to st. marks from N. Bountiful because my dr. is so great. Hopefully we don't ever move much further away, gas is freakin expensive ;)

Janita said...

That is great news! I can't imagine what a relief it must be to have a doctor you can trust with your precious kids! Aja is a small little thing :)