Monday, October 13, 2008

What's going down..

Just wanted to update everyone with what has been going on with us this last week. Mitch has applied for a couple of jobs. Some down in SLC, Idaho, St. Louis, and Washington D.C. He had 2 interviews on Friday down in SLC that went really well and he has a second interview with one of the companies next week. Then on the 28th he goes back down for another interview with a different company. Sometime this week he's also heading up to Idaho Falls for an interview. The boy will be traveling around a lot! There are some people who are concerned about the fact that Mitch is changing jobs when the economy sucks, but don't worry, we aren't making any rash decisions. Everything is being thought through very carefully. While I hate to move back down to SLC, if it helps us out and Mitch is able to get with a company that actually has growth, then it's worth it to me. He got his MAcc this spring and wants to be able to actually use the education that he has gained.

Aja has her first cold. YUCK! The poor, little thing has red, runny eyes and is producing copious amounts of snot. I FINALLY found a pediatrician to take her on!! This is the SIXTH pediatrician I have contacted. Everyone else was uncomfortable taking her case on, and while it's been a pain in the butt, it's better that they are honest with me than taking her on and not knowing a dang thing about hydrocephalus. Even still, I don't really expect them to be taking on that part of her anyway, she has a neurologist for that and if she has a malfunction I don't plan on taking her to the ER up here anyway. We will just fly right down to SLC.

On Thursday we are getting the final results for Cohen's ADOS (autism diagnostic observation schedule) testing. This will tell us where he falls on the spectrum or they might down grade him to PDD (pervasive developmental disorder). We are crossing our fingers for a down grade, but I highly doubt it. He attacked the doctor while they were doing the testing, which is something he does when he's had enough of you. He starts getting violent. He grabbed a toy threw it against the wall, picked up the table and flipped it over, and then grabbed a chair and was in the process of throwing it at her before I intervened. I wasn't supposed to because of how the testing process is, but she was going to get a chair to the head and I really didn't want to be liable for that.

Oh yeah, and that stupid little ticker up in the corner isn't moving for a reason. I'm not losing any weight!! It's infuriating. I could practically kill myself with not eating and working out and the dang thing still wouldn't budge. I have a really hard time losing weight while I'm nursing, and I guess this time is no different. I'm not going to stress it anymore. I'm getting healthy and that is all that matters I guess. The weight will come off eventually.

So anyway, cross your fingers for us and pray that something REALLY GRAND comes along so that things ease up on us a bit. It's been a rough year.

2 comments:

Janita said...

Wow, things sound really busy! I'm glad to hear Mitch is exploring his options. It is scary w/ the economy but it never hurts to at least see what's out there and decide you'd rather stay where you are for a while :) Sorry to hear about Aja's cold - my kids have had colds a few times this year and it is not fun! Keep us updated - I'll be anxious to hear how things go.

lacey said...

Isn't deciding where to work/live stressful?! We just went through that a couple months ago with Tyler. I have to admit, I'd be SUPER jealous if you moved to Idaho Falls. I've been trying to get Tyler to let me move back there for 6 years :) Good luck job hunting...and I hope your little one feels better. Lincoln has already had an ear infection too, don't you feel so bad for them when they're so little and get sick.