Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm not looking forward to this.

Oy... Cohen's got bad teeth. I mean seriously bad. Since the age of 1, when I first started taking him to the dentist, we've walked out of here with a 200$ bill or more. He has a cap on one of his front teeth and that little puppy cost us about 150$ after insurance. Well, we went to the dentist last week and the poor kid has the worst luck. He has to get 3 caps and have 2 cavities filled, and this is what they could see from checking into his mouth.They are going to have to take more x-rays because he wasn't being cooperative during that portion to see if there might be more cavities they didn't catch. The last time, when we got the cap, Cohen had a real rough time and they had to give him 2 shots in the arm to semi-sedate him and we were at the dentist office for almost 3 hours! This time, he gets to go into the hosptial to get fully sedated so they can work on him. I feel bad for him, he was born without enamel on his teeth and he has pitted dentin, so that means no matter what I do, he will always have cavities. As it is I brush his teeth with my electric toothbrush and give him fluoride pills. It's really bad when the first thing the dentist says when looking into his mouth is "I just want you to know that you aren't doing anything wrong, there is nothing you can do in this situation".

Dentist: 900$ (HOLY FREAKING CRAPP!) This could go up too because there might be things that they find while he's under!
Anesthesia: 300$
Operating Room: 500-700$.

As if there weren't enough little moths flying from my wallet. Like I said, I'm not looking forward to this.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I feel your pain there! When Bradlee was 4 he had 3 root canals, and he has so much silver in his mouth it is sad. Do you wanna know the worst part, $4000.00later all his teeth start falling out and you have paid all that money just to have his teeth fall out. Good luck, that sucks so bad. Poor little guy!!!

lacey said...

Poor little man. My sister Emily was born without enamil too, and she has had tons of problems too. Aren't kids freakin expensive?!