Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm so tired.

It's not even 9 and I'm about to fall asleep at the computer. I got up at 6:30 and the nights sleep was pretty decent even though Aja was sleeping in my bed and Peyton and Cohen were sleeping on the floor next to the bed. Also, I slept through Anessa cracking nuts (the girl grinds her teeth, BAD and someone else (I haven't figured out who) has taken to doing the same). I got in the shower and got ready (including blow drying my hair YAY!) got the kids out the door, got Aja and Cohen ready and then we headed off to thera-PLAY. Aja of course wouldn't stay with the "sitters" there and so I had to take her with me. It's not easy rough housing with Cohen while holding her.

There is a little boy there who is getting into the habit of hurting Cohen every time he sees him, and it's starting to piss me off. Today he kicked Cohen in the back and in the head. So I did EVERYTHING in my power to avoid another situation, I got side-tracked by another mom asking how I was holding up and the kid runs after Cohen and pushes him down, and Cohen knocked his head pretty good. UGH! I know that the kid has really no control over what he does and I'm trying to be patient, but any of you who know me know that I'm SUPER protective of my kids and I'm having a hard time with this.

We get home and I feed everyone, including inhaling a lunch of my own (I'm apparently not allowed to eat according to Aja) and then had to hold Aja for a few hours and finally got her to sleep. Then the Lord smiled upon me and made it so Cohen went to sleep too! I thought, YES! I can do a few things...Nope. I got a call from my work and I talked to my boss. She lives in California and her house and business (my work) burned down this weekend so she was giving me all the details on that. I feel so bad for her. Her mom died this year, she had to have back and knee surgery, then her two front teeth broke and then her house burns down. Wonderful year for her, huh? Anyway, I have made arrangements to send her some things since she now has no clothes. Then Aja and Cohen get up, Anessa gets home and it's time to run Peyton to gymnastics. We get home at 5:45 and yet again I feed everyone and I'm allowed to eat a sandwhich and that is all! LOL! Then it's off to take Anessa to basketball practice and we didn't get home until 8. I then tried to do a bit of work while Aja played in her saucer (not having it) and Anessa and Peyton go shower. Cohen did what he does best..wander. I FINALLY got everyone down at 8:45 and who decides that she needs to wake up? I'm hoping she will go back to sleep on her own, but I think that is a vain hope. Anyway, this was my day. This is how my typical day is every.single.day. Can you see why I'm tired?

My only saving grace is that I get to see this on Friday, and I can't wait!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lady said...

You have superhuman strength! Call me if you need a break or a nap; I'm happy to sit with the kids while you "regenerate." (Unfortunately I'm trapped at the office all day, or I'd be more accessible.)

Are there other adults who supervise Cohen's play group and can keep a closer eye on that other child, or does it have to be you? It's so sad that anyone has to get hurt like that. :(

Hang in there, lady. You're working small wonders in your kids' lives. :) And you will be an answer to prayers for you boss who has been put through the ringer. We're making a D.I. run this weekend and hopefully some of our things can help the fire victims in CA. So many people have lost everything. :(