Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Please keep Aja in your thoughts and prayers the next few months.

It may get ugly. Really ugly.

As I mentioned a month or so ago, when Aja saw her new pediatrician he pointed out that her soft spot is super small. Smaller than my finger-tip and I have small hands. So I've been keeping an eye on it and just monitoring it. It's gotten smaller and it's really hard. I can't really push it anymore and have it spring back on me like a normal soft spot would. It feels like bone is growing in there.

So I called her neurologist and left them a message with the info and they called me back yesterday. Not good news. His nurse, who is really nice and super helpful, said that when this happens kids usually require craniofacial surgery. The reason being is that this could now be hindering the growth of her brain. So they would have to go in and spread the bones, again. So my daughter who had too much space now has too little space and needs to be monitored.

I'm so scared for my little girl. I'm also so frustrated. I feel like I have just been knocked down over and over again this year and it's getting harder and harder to pick myself up again.

4 comments:

Lady said...

Oh my gosh, Monique! That little girl just can't catch a break. :( I really hope that this is nothing major, and fixable. The best thing you can do is to keep a close eye on things and you've already been doing that. I'm sure the sooner they can address it, the easier it will be to take care of. Kudos to YOU for being proactive. :)

I know you don't need more stress in your life right now. I'll be praying for your whole family! [[hugs!]]

Shelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, I am sure that is horrible news to hear as a mother. I wish you the best.

Janita said...

Oh no, I am so sorry! My cousin had to have that surgery about 18 years ago at Primary Childrens when he was 8 weeks. It went really well and there weren't any complications. I hope she doesn't have to have it though - keep us informed. Does she have an appointment to see the doctor soon?

weloveadoption said...

I am so sorry to hear about Aja. we will keep her in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I didn't realize Mitch was gone already. If you need us to take your kids or something let us know.