Monday, November 24, 2008

My take on the "Twilight" movie.

I have to admit, I am disappointed.

There are no words. I know it's not humanly possible to fit the bill for Edward, but honestly, they could have picked someone a little more "good looking" than Robert Pattinson!! There were times when he really did it for me (when watching previews online before the movie came out), but after seeing that movie...Barf!! I groaned outloud at the "hang on little spider monkey" line..PUH-LEASE!! Honestly, if Mitch had said that to me while were dating I would have said "you know..Your nice and all, but this just isn't going to work". OY! The SUNGLASSES! Which ERA did you get those from buddy! He said a few funny lines, but all in all he was a great disappointment for me. I know some will disagree and that is fine. No hard feelings, ok?

Bella blinked WAY too much. I also didn't feel any "spark" between her and Edward.

Jasper, Alice, Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Charlie were all great. The special effects..Need help. The baseball seen was terrible..I full body shudder at the memory of that scene.

The movie needed to be so much longer, it felt so rushed. There were some parts in the book that are supposed to be romantical and mysterious in a way and they totally hack-sawed it.

Meh..I would like to hear those who have seen it thoughts on the whole ordeal. Also, just got word from a friend..They gave the green light for New Moon..HOPEFULLY they will pick a different screen writer.

BUT, my Junior Mints were really good.

3 comments:

Lady said...

I really hate it when the movie doesn't even come close to doing the book justice. It feels like such a slap in the face to the fans of the story, doesn't it?

And I'll never understand the appeal of Robert Pattinson. That guy is U-G-L-Y. Maybe if he was cast as the evil vampire, I'd be on board. (I'm assuming there's an evil vampire in the story?) I'm sure in the book, Edward is supposed to be a real dreamboat, so I'd be sorely disappointed to see that uggo filling the "vampire hunk" role. *sigh*

Hearing from you that the movie was a disappointment does give me more faith in the book, though. I know how much you like the books, so I trust your judgment. (Maybe someday I'll give them a try. I've heard good and bad, so I should just see for myself.) ;)

lacey said...

I haven't seen it, and I don't want to. I've heard good/bad things, but yes that Robert guy is not cute. There's no way that the movie is going to be as good as the books, and I don't want to ruin the book and never want to read it again, so NOPE, not gonna see it. I'm glad you gave your true opinion, now I have even more reason not to see it!

Maria & Austin Fivas said...

Are you kidding!! I have seen it like 7 times! It is awesome and doesn't seem so rushed the second time. Bella is great and Edward was even better. If you have read the book as many times as I have you would know that they filled their roles PERFECTLY! I know I am a Twilight nerd but seriously, They did awesome. The way his glitter scene looked was just like it was described in the book. Sorry if I seem rude but this book was like the only book that has interested me in years and I have read them all sooo many times! And the comments people make about the movie and why they don't like it get to me sooo bad! Bella did blink too much and it should have been longer. But on your other points, Edward is hot and did a good job. As Robert Pattinson he is a retard!! For sure! But in the movie they followed it alot closer then I expected. I think you should watch it one more time. Its online now so you don't have to pay for it, just watch it again! Its alot better the second time for people that have read the books, because all of us had WAY too many expectations!